In the midst of this unprecedented crisis, the hotel industry is coming together to help hotel employees and their local communities. Learn more about AHLA’s Hospitality for Hope Initiative to boost collaboration between the industry and local, state and federal government via the link above.
To support hotel employees and the Foundation's relief efforts, donate here.
Investing in the Future of Hospitality
Since the World Health Organization announced the Coronavirus as a public health emergency, it has been catastrophic for the hotel and lodging industry and the employees it supports as travel comes to a virtual halt.
The AHLA Foundation is committed to helping our employees and the industry make it through this difficult time together so that we can be stronger once our guests are traveling again.
An initial investment by the Foundation of $175,000 unlocked $3.5 million worth of free educational resources, in partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI), throughout April and May to help more than 20,000 industry employees continue their education and develop industry skills by enrolling in more than 28,000 courses.
Will you consider a donation to help us continue to help industry employees?
- $100 – Provides ESL Course access for a hotel employee
- $500 – Provides a scholarship for a hotel employee to take an associates level course
- $1,000 – Provides 5 employees with scholarships to advance their career with an AHLA certification exam
- $2,500 – Helps 5 employees with the opportunity to pursue their GED
Thank you to our generous donors who have already contributed to these efforts! While we continue to fundraise towards our goal, professional development scholarships and continuing education scholarships will be on hold. Please continue to check back for program updates.
The hotel industry is a place where dreams happen for guests and employees alike. We welcome you to join us in our effort to support our associates in their greatest time of need.
Support our Efforts
Join with the AHLA Foundation as we support our people and dedicate resources to them the way they have dedicated their unwavering support to their hotels and guests. 100% of all funds raised will go exclusively to supporting impacted employees who have lost their jobs or been furloughed due to COVID-19.
To donate, you will need your AHLA Member ID. If you need help accessing your Member ID or are not an AHLA member but would like to donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Donate to support hospitality employees!
Your Support Is Making A Difference
- “As one of the employees whose employment was terminated, I am planning to take advantages of this valuable time to finish my courses and graduate from community college. When I saw the scholarship opportunity to finish courses in college, I started to feel hope that my graduation will be possible, therefore, my dream career can be true.” – Anouar El Moujahed, Orlando, FL
- “This scholarship will help me pay for school, which I haven’t been able to pay because I had to provide food and a shelter for my daughter. COVID-19 has definitely impacted the world but help like this is what makes a difference. It makes people see the light at the end of the tunnel.” – Estephane Gomez, Santa Clara, CA
- “With this pandemic upon us and our industry reeling due to this unprecedented crisis, I know more than ever that sharpening skills and keeping updated on as much information available to us as possible will enable those who are passionate about this industry to persevere and help bring our industry back stronger than ever. I hope I can be one of those afforded this opportunity.” – Melissa Bingham, Phoenix, AZ
In partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI), hotel employees were offered free online supervisory and managerial training programs to advance their industry skills in April and May.
This offering closed on June 1, 2020.
The Foundation offered Professional Development Scholarships in April to cover the cost of AHLA's portfolio of professional certifications, allowing individuals to grow their industry knowledge, enhance their professional skills, and receive industry recognition.
Employees who wish to continue their education can also do so at no cost and entirely online. This offering includes the opportunity to complete a GED, take English as a second language education, or even begin college level associate degree classes funded through scholarships at the AHLA Foundation.
Scholarships are on hold while fundraising continues to extend scholarship offerings.
With nearly 4 million industry jobs being eliminated or will be eliminated in the next few weeks, the AHLA foundation is connecting employees who have lost their job or seen a reduction in hours with short-term job opportunities.
Click here to view employment opportunities.