The AHLA Foundation has reached a brand-new milestone on behalf of the industry’s 5-year DE&I commitment by revealing the inaugural version of an industry blueprint, called the DE&I Best Practices Guide – a resource to help start or accelerate your Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) journey.
Reflecting a year’s worth of development in partnership with our industry’s DE&I Task force and experts at Korn Ferry, the DE&I Best Practices Guide is composed of actionable tips tailored specifically for brands, owners, and management companies to help guide you, your company or property toward greater, measurable diversity goals.
The inaugural DE&I Best Practices Guide is a resource to help members start or accelerate their DE&I journey. Every DE&I journey will be unique, and this is intended serve as a starting point that should be adapted based on your organization’s unique situation. This version – which contains key resources for brands, managers and owners – will provides robust tips and guidelines to become a more inclusive leader. The guide includes:
- Crafting your DE&I strategy
- Creating and benchmarking DE&I metrics
- Establishing a Council or Task Force focused on DE&I
- Building a more inclusive hiring process
- Instilling career advancement and mobility opportunities for employees
To support you in navigating this wealth of material, AHLA Foundation and Korn Ferry experts will lead a series of webinars and "Office Hours” between May and September. This guide will be followed by an interactive microsite, which will be available in the next few months so you can easily access and digest this resource. Please click here to register for the first webinar.
- Register Here: Maturity Model and DE&I Strategy; May 3; 2:30-4:00 PM EST
- Register Here: How to Develop DE&I Metrics and Goals; May 24; 2:00-3:30 PM EST
- Register Here: Inclusive Hiring; June 22; 2:30-4:00 PM EST (Geared Towards Brands, Management)
- Register Here: Career Mobility; July 19; 2:00-3:30 PM EST (Geared Towards Owners)
- Register Here: Inclusive Leadership & Leveraging ERGs; August 24; 2:00-3:30 PM EST (Geared Towards Management Companies)
- Register Here: May 9; 4:00-5:00 PM EST
- Register Here: June 2; 3:00-4:00 PM EST
- Register Here: June 29; 3:00-4:00 PM EST
- Register Here: August 2; 2:00-3:00 PM EST
- Register Here: September 13; 2:30-3:30 PM EST
While this is a critical first step, our work is far from over. As we launch this guide, we are already looking towards future iterations of this best practices guide that aligns with our organization’s strategic plan and propels our industry forward.
Thank you for your commitment to making our industry as diverse as the guests we serve.