Helping Our Own Go Further
Certifications from the American Hotel & Lodging Association
are the ultimate distinction of professional excellence in the
hospitality industry. Certifications are offered for more than
a dozen positions in the hospitality industry, including the
prestigious CHA®-Certified Hotel Administrator.
Our professional development scholarships are exclusively for individuals currently working at a hotel who want to advance their career. These scholarships enable hospitality employees to grow their industry knowledge and enhance their professional skills. The scholarship covers the cost of the program fee, study materials, and exam fee associated with the the professional development certification.
Now accepting applications for enrollment!
- Current hotel employee working a minimum of 35 hours per week at an AHLA member hotel with at least 12 months of hotel experience. If you need to confirm your hotel is a member, contact AHLA’s membership department at (202)-289-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of March 1st, 2020 - Furloughed employees of AHLA member properties are eligible to apply.
- Some certifications have minimum qualifications that must be met. The certification process is administered through the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute. Visit AHLEI’s Website for a complete list of certifications and to review the qualifications for each.
Applicants must complete the online scholarship application. All applications will be evaluated according to industry-related work experience; professional, community, and extracurricular activities; and personal attributes, including career goals as expressed in a required essay. Scholarships are awarded on a monthly basis. Applicants will be notified within 30 days after application is received.
Scholarships cover the cost of the certification study guide (if applicable), examination fee, and certification fee. AHLA Foundation will reimburse AHLEI directly for the costs of all professional development scholarships.
Financial support for the scholarship program is provided by:
- Jack Vaughn Scholarship Fund
- American Express Scholarship Fund
- Ecolab Scholarship Fund
- Proceeds from previous capital giving campaigns such as Opening Doors to Opportunity
Group Coordinator, IHG
"Having this possibility has encouraged me to expand my skill set even more so that I may take advantage of the prospect of growing not only in my current position, but future opportunities as they arise."Read About Mary
Area Human Resources Coordinator, Real Hospitality
Congratulations to Yesenia Requena who completed her Certified Hospitality Trainer Certification! Yesenia joined Real Hospitality Group in 2016 as an intern in their Corporate Human Resources team. She now supports associates through onboarding and training in her role as Area HR Coordinator.Apply Now!