In 2021, the AHLA Foundation committed to a five-year strategic plan and invested $5 million to advance DE&I across the hotel and lodging industry.
The hotel and lodging industry is diverse – yet representation decreases at the top. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, only 24% of people of color hold executive positions. Meanwhile, women represent one in three vice presidents and less than a quarter of EVP/SVPs – magnifying the increasing barriers to advancement faced by women. We are committed to advancing DE&I across the hotel and lodging industry according to a five-year strategic plan.
With a roadmap in place, we have already launched our Leadership Academy, mentorship program, a DE&I resource hub and a nationwide ad campaign to recruit top talent.
- Diversifying representation at all levels to better serve our guests, associates, and communities.
- Elevating inclusive leadership across corporate entities, properties, franchisees, and supplier networks.
- Driving accountability and transparency to achieve measurable diverse, equitable, and inclusive (DE&I) results.
- Fostering innovative approaches to scale DE&I within the industry.
- Driving DE&I at the leadership level
- Driving DE&I across all talent levels
- Developing a DE&I blueprint for the industry
Build Connections with AHLA Foundation’s Mentorship Program
Our mentorship program focuses on fostering personal and professional connections and further developing leaders.