The AHLA Foundation’s Empowering Youth Program and its related training partnerships bring together hotels and local community-based organizations to work with Opportunity Youth— individuals between the ages of 16 to 24 years old who are neither working nor in school and looking to take a step forward in their careers. Our partners help train students and equip their graduates with the skills, tools, and opportunities required to thrive in exciting and diverse hospitality careers. Through employer support, these students receive a first-hand look at the numerous job opportunities available to them within the hospitality community. The AHLA Foundation relies on hotel employer engagement to bring all its youth training partnerships to life through:
• Guest speakers on hotel industry and career pathways
• Hotel property tours
• Work-based experiences
• Mock interviews
• Hiring fairs
- Los Angeles
- New Orleans
- Washington DC
Community-based organizations that are interested in additional information should contact Kelly Vazquez, email@example.com.
Click here to find out more about our programs.
To find local community organizations in your area, http://ahlafoundation.hcareers.com/employers/.
- HOTEL INDUSTRY FOUNDATION AWARDED $1 MILLION CONRAD N. HILTON FOUNDATION GRANT
- MAYOR DYER JOINS HOTEL INDUSTRY TO ANNOUNCE $75,000 GRANT TO ORLANDO GROUPS TO TRAIN YOUTH FOR HOSPITALITY CAREERS
- MAYOR RAWLINGS JOINS HOTEL INDUSTRY TO ANNOUNCE GRANT TO DALLAS GROUPS TO TRAIN YOUTH FOR HOSPITALITY CAREERS
- HOTEL INDUSTRY COMMITS $75,000 GRANT FOR LA OPPORTUNITY YOUTH TRAINING
- AHLA JOINS WHITE HOUSE FOR “INVESTING IN AMERICA'S WORKFORCE"
- HOTEL INDUSTRY CELEBRATES $75,000 GRANT FOR WASHINGTON, D.C. OPPORTUNITY YOUTH TRAINING
- $500,000 YOUTH GRANT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS TO OPEN CAREER PATHWAYS
- AHLA ANNOUNCES BALTIMORE YOUTH GRANT
- HOTEL INDUSTRY ANNOUNCES $75,000 GRANT TO CHICAGO COMMUNITY-BASED ORGANIZATIONS
Cook, Hyatt Regency Orlando
"By attending second harvest food bank my confidence is at an all-time high, and now I believe in myself...I have found a home in hospitality, and I want to thank the AHLA foundation for providing the grant that gave me a new beginning."Read About Qui's Story
F&B Specialist, Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
“Coming from a city where guys give up, I struggled to find my way. This partnership wasn’t a handout; it was an opportunity. It provided me the opportunity to grow, meet new people and get a real career. Now, I can better my children’s lives. To have a job I love is a dream come true."Read About Tevin's Story
Empowering Youth Graduates
AHLAF hosted a graduation ceremony and hiring fair for youth in Orlando, FL upon completion of the Empowering Youth Program.Read About The Event
Guest Service Representative, Washington Marriott Georgetown
"I see a huge difference in my life. It feels unreal to love my job like this. It showed me that no matter where you come from, if you work hard you can get anywhere."Read About Jessica's Story
The AHLA Foundation team recently celebrated 24 talented individuals, including Tambre, who graduated from our DC Hospitality training program and are ready for jobs in the hotel industry.Read About The Event