We're building tomorrow's hotel industry today.
But only with your support.
The American Hotel & Lodging Foundation (AHLA Foundation), the charitable giving arm of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA), is focused on improving lives, building careers and strengthening the lodging industry. We are dedicated to building tomorrow’s hotel industry today by opening doors to long-term, rewarding careers and creating opportunity for upward mobility.
Changing the Industry By Changing Lives
From lifting individuals out of poverty and connecting them with a life-long career in the industry to providing certifications to promote current hotel employees into leadership positions, the Foundation’s programs are changing the industry by changing lives. The Foundation is committed to providing short-term and long-term solutions to help attract, retain and educate individuals for life-long careers in the industry.
Since 1953, the AHLA Foundation has supported our workforce by investing:
- $27.5 million in support of the hotel industry
- $12.7 million in academic scholarships
- $5.3 million in workforce development programs
- $1.75 million in our Empowering Youth Program
- $4.3 million in research grants
Investing in our Communities
America’s hotels, inns, and bed and breakfasts are an integral part of the fabric of each community across the United States. Our industry supports more than one in 25 American jobs both on-site at hotels and throughout the community – totaling 8.3 million jobs across the country. With this vast economic impact also comes an important responsibility to give back to the communities we call home.
That’s why we proudly invest in our communities by supporting career opportunities, community development, and local charitable organizations.
Showcasing the Industry's Story of Opportunity & Advancement
In the last two years alone, the Foundation’s programs have changed 40,000 lives through innovative programs to recruit, retain and invest in employees.
In the next five years, the Foundation will:
- Enroll 50,000 apprentices into new and existing apprenticeship programs.
- Certify 125,000 job seekers and current employees with industry certifications.
- Help 5,000 employees earn a college degree at no cost to them through the Foundation’s Debt-Free College Program.
- Award more than $5 million in scholarships for students enrolled in hospitality-related degree programs.
- Train and certify 8,000 Opportunity Youth ages 16 to 24 and connect them to potential employers in the hospitality sector in markets of high need.
We can't do this without you. The Foundation relies solely on contributions from generous companies and individuals who want to give back to the hotel industry and ensure its sustained success. It's your future. Help strengthen it.